Navigating the immigration process can be a complex task. At Tran Law Group we provide legal services for all family and employment-based immigration matters, adjustment of status (LPR-Green Card), student and travel visas. Our legal team is committed to keeping you informed about the status of your case from start to finish and ensuring all proper paperwork is filed correctly on time. Our immigration attorneys have been assisting foreign nationals immigrate to the United States for many years; we understand the vast complexities of U.S. immigration law and know how to get results. Let us put our experience to work for you.

Visas With Waiting Periods
  • Spouse of US Citizen Petition

  • Fiance Petition 

  • Parents of US Citizen Petition

  • Visitor, Business Traveler (B1/B2)

  • Foreign Student (F1/M1)

Visas Immediately Available
  • Spouse of Green Card Holder (LPR) Petition

  • Brother/Sister of US Citizen Petition

  • Children of US Citizen Petition

  • Children of LPR Petition

Immigration FAQs

1. Who is considered an eligible sponsor for a U.S. green card?​​​


An eligible sponsor is a minimum of 18 years of age, a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident and a family member. Generally, the sponsor must live in the United States, a territory or possession, unless they live abroad temporarily and their permanent residence is still classified in the U.S.

2. What are the obligations of a sponsor?

A sponsor must sign a legally binding document known as an affidavit of support for the beneficiary. This form is required to show the intending immigrant will have adequate means of support after entering the United States. The sponsors income must not be lower than 125% of the national poverty level. The sponsor must maintain the minimal income level until the Beneficiary has become a U.S. citizen or has worked in the United States for 40 qualifying quarters.


3. Which family members may I sponsor if I am a U.S. citizen?

If you are a U.S. citizen, you may petition to sponsor the following relatives:

  • Spouse/Husband or wife

  • Children, married or unmarried, any age

  • Brother or sister, if you are at least 21 years old

  • Parent, if you are at least 21 years old

4. Which family members may I sponsor if I am a permanent U.S. resident?

If you are a permanent U.S. resident, you may petition to sponsor the following relatives:

  • Spouse/Husband or wife

  • Unmarried children

5. What documents are needed to apply for U.S. permanent residency for a family member?

  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (U.S. passport, naturalization certificate, birth certificate or green card)

  • Proof of qualifying relationship (marriage certificate, birth certificate, adoption papers, divorce papers or death certificates from previous marriages)

  • Proof of financial information (tax returns, proof of employment and bank statements)

  • Your family member will also have to provide a passport, photos, and a medical examination.

  • Other documents may be required depending on circumstances 

787 Maynard Avenue South, Seattle, WA 98104  |  Tel (206) 625-4091  |  Fax (206) 625-1870

The materials on this website are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice.  No attorney-client relationship is created through your use of this site, your receipt of these materials, or our receipt of your information.  Until a written engagement agreement has been executed by you and our firm, there is no attorney-client relationship established and you should not assume that you are represented by our firm. 

© 2016 by Tran Law Group, P.S. All rights reserved